Thursday, March 18, 2010

Empty Bowls




Yesterday I purchased an empty bowl for a good cause. For the past several years, the university I work for has had fine arts majors create ceramic bowls during a class and donate them as part of the Empty Bowls Project fund raiser for one of our local homeless shelters, the Sienna Francis House.



You purchase a one of a kind bowl and you get soup! And, all the proceeds go to the shelter. It is such a cool project that I enjoyed being a part of. The bowl that I chose, or that chose me, is the one with the hearts in the middle on the left! The others are beautiful bowls that some of my friends chose.







1 comment:

  1. we used to have an event like this in utah.
    i loved it.
    i am sooo happy to know you went to one and enjoyed it and came home feeling happy about helping a wonderful cause and with the most darling heart bowl that chose a wonderful andrea to live with.
    yea!
    c

    ReplyDelete