Monday, June 28, 2010

Contentment in all things, really?



3 great friends and I are in the midst of the book "Calm My Anxious Heart: A Woman's Guide to Finding Contentment in All Things" by Linda Dillow. It has been a tough journey for us to the middle of the book, we are really being challenged with some hard stuff in life right now in general, with work woes, family struggles, and no "me-time".

Content in all things...really? What if someone butts in and messes up your contentment? Well, I would say ignore it or them before. I'm learning though that any anger or resentment from stuffing my discontent turns really ugly inside. It stays with me and bubbles up until something little sets us off.

I would like to say I'm even keeled. And I have so much to be grateful for. But at least once a week, okay, once a day, I am challenged to focus on what is good and not broken, instead of what is currently chapping my hide!

It sounds a little unrealistic, but I have tried to focus on contentment and it really rubs off on those around me!

1 comment:

  1. that sounds like a great challenge! contentment in ALL things?!! haven't heard of the book title but i may need to look that one up! :)

    ReplyDelete